Tuesday 28 February 2012

My bro:)


At the moment I am currently undergoing an internship in the US for the purposes of my career. I have been away from my family 6 weeks; it’s the longest time it’s ever been with seeing my Mam, Dad and brother. Me and my parents are skping almost every day which is so helpful. But my brother lives in a residential house the net town over so I skpe him once a week!

Our conversations are normally pretty standard. My bro tells me about his week, shows me what new DVD he has purchased or is watching, asks me have I bought him any presents yet (i haven’t!) and gives me his weekly updated list of what pressies I should deliver when I return home for a holiday in the springJ
Then I normally lose my brother to the camera. My bro absolutely loves his reflection and the tiny skpe camera which allows you to see yourself is just too much for him to bear, so normally the rest of the conversation is my bro eyes himself, making fish faces et :)

So this message is an ode to my bro, who i love much and miss terribly. With all the upheavals and confusions of moving to another country it’s nice to have someone in your life who reminds you of the littler pleasures- the excitement of seeing your sibling after a week (even through a computer screen), the yummiest of chocolate and the never-ending fun of making fish faces in the mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment