Monday 19 December 2011

A Little Bit of Controversy for Christmas Week


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0IvM8c-Pew&feature=related

So one of the whole points i started this blog was to have give honest opinion about being a sibling with autism. Obviously that involves giving my opinion on certain topics. I think one of the responsibilities of having a blog involves not being afraid to shy away from certain controversies and autism is unfortunately full of them. Also, I’m sure everyone who does read this is hopefully aware that this is just my personal opinion on topics and my own outlook I never wish to offend anyone and i completely respect every one else’s perspective. 

This video that I posted is hardly scientific but I do think that it is interesting and it involves one of the most controversy theories of what is the root of the recent surge of autism – the MMR. Despite the fact that officially the MMR has been cleared as safe and not linked to autism, it is still a topic that remerges again and again. Many parents still feel that the reaction that their child suffered due to getting this vaccine led to their child’s autism. I completely empathise with these parents. Maybe there needs to be more research to ease parents mind because unfortunately at the moment measles, mumps and rubella are at a dangerous level.
I think posting a video like this allows people to think about such an important topic that has such relevance for so many families.

Disclaimer: this link does contain a loooottt of offensive language and a lot of offensive Botox (Jenny McCarthy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment